Saturday, October 11, 2008

And The Competition Begins....

So you know about the person in our neighborhood that owns 'Scary Cat.' Well apparently their next door neighbor was inspired to decorate for Halloween this year also. Let me introduce, 'Scary Spider':
I didn't have time for more pictures but this isn't where the decorating ends for these 2 neighbors. They also have their yards supplemented with a pumpkin snowman, orange lights around a tree, fake gravestone and etc. I'll try to stop one day and so you can get the full effect....but I'll wait until closer to Halloween - they seem to add more stuff every weekend.

And on another note, Sam and I were coming back from an outing today and saw a silver Honda Civic's attempt at homicide on Scary Spider. Evidently this driver wasn't very skilled with 3 pt turns (even on a wide road) and backed up wildly and knocked the mailbox clean off it's post. But he did stop and try to put it back on and didn't even survey the damage to his back fender....that was impressive. I thought for sure he'd just take off.

No comments: