Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm So Proud

I got a call from my favorite niece this week. She was down in Oriental with her dad and brother visiting my mom. While they were there, Chris (dad) decided that it was time for the kids to get their summer haircuts. So he took JC (brother) to a real barber shop - his first time, how cool. And Alexis (favorite niece) got to go with Nana to the beauty parlor and the mall for a girls day (I might be a little jealous).

When I talked to her she told me that she had decided to cut off her long hair and donate it to Locks of Love - which is the same organization that I donated my hair. They create wigs for kids with cancer who lose their hair during chemotherapy. I could not have been more proud of her. It was completely her idea and I think it's absolutely FANTASTIC! Check out her new hairdo - and new dress and accessories. She's even more beautiful on the inside - what a wonderful young lady!

No comments: