Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Day of Learning

So after my brush with greatness at Pres. JC's book signing - I continued to learn some interesting things about the Raleigh area as I drove home.

First, apparently the police in Clayton have so little to do that they hang out, oops, I mean 'continue to investigate' the January arson of the local strip club - The Crazy Horse. The club was currently under an investigation of whether there were inappropriate sexual conduct and if dancers were consuming alcohol while on duty. Really, consuming alcohol while working at a strip club is illegal? I would think it would be mandatory. Oh and the investigation started due to an 'unrelated complaint'....uh-huh. I wouldn't be surprised if a disgruntled ALE officer got a little upset when his advances were rebuffed from a dancer that realized he was out of money - ha ha!
Then I got to see a mini version of rednecks on parade. Now, don't get me wrong, I remember riding in the back of pickup trucks as a kid - but I was a bit younger and had more clothes on. Hey, that hat matches his farmer tan!
And then I learned that I live in a whole state full of sinners. At least according to this guy - he's urging the whole state to repent. That's quite a hefty request.

No comments: