Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Martin Luther King, Jr. - What a guy!

You've got to love a man who fights for equality through peaceful protests and in turn gets you a free day off from work! Nevermind that he cheated on his wife and wasn't as christian or reverend-like as many would have you believe. Most 'heroes' aren't worthy of the height of the pedestals that we place them upon.

So, what's new in my world you ask? Well, not too much. DB and I finalized plans for a Valentine's Day vacation to the Turks and Caicos islands in the caribbean. We'll be heading to Provo for 5 days of basking in the sun and sucking down fruity drinks. Now THAT'S a vacation!! Needless to say, I have a limited amount of time to get rid of my holiday over-indulgences and get into bikini shape. But thanks to my wonderful boyfriend - who didn't make me wait until my birthday - I now have extra motivation for the gym with my new iPOD mini. YEAH! It's cute - and you all know how I like things that are cute. This is just another step towards getting in touch with my inner nerd.

I was also lucky enough this week to visit with a few friends that I haven't seen in a while. Saturday night I went out to eat with Jannie, Guillermo and Miss Frannie. Wow - I can't believe that Miss Frannie is 2 already! She's getting big and is quite adept at working that cute face to get what she wants. She is definitely her mother's daughter. Of course, as happened the last time I saw her, Frannie fell to the floor and bumped her head. I'm getting the feeling that I may be a danger for her to be around. On Sunday, I was able to do lunch with Leigh. That was really nice as well. We had so much to catch up on that we ended up staying at the restaurant until after dark. Oh, for you DCers, the Thunder Grill at Union Station has good margaritas and key lime pie - but that's about it. You'll get much better food for the money at B. Smith's.

Other than your basic family stuff, this is all that has happened this past week. I'm looking forward to having Thursday off from work for the Inauguration. I honestly can't believe that my office is closing since we aren't in DC, but I ain't complainin'!! I'll honor this just as I honored MLK Jr. day - by sleeping late and 'having a dream'.

No comments: