Friday, February 15, 2008

Christmas Cactus? Really?

Ok, so about 6 years ago - just before the Christmas holidays - I went to a K-Mart in VA and bought a little christmas cactus that was about to finish blooming. What a great buy right - you don't have to water it very often and it blooms every year around the holidays. Well, the year I brought it home was the last year I saw any blooms on it.

I have tried placing it in different areas of my apartment/house....replanting it in different pots...giving it fertilizer....and I may have talked to it once - but I was probably using a threatening tone at that point.

Well, this year when we had some family over at the beginning of December for Sam's birthday. My grandmother told me that I obviously had it in the wrong place in the house. Oh well, I thought - at least I haven't killed it yet. My hope for it to bloom had been long gone so I left it where it was. Well wouldn't you know - it's decided to bloom! Ok, it's a couple months late - but wow, I forgot how beautiful it looks in bloom. Check it out...
That's a money plant beside it. We're still waiting for it to produce some bills - or even some change. We'll take whatever we can get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh,

In my country every family have one of these plants. We call it "Koledarche" (Christmas plant)!!! Once you've found the rigt place it will start to bloom every year! Good luck:o)