Monday, August 08, 2005

The Redskins Bring Some Friends To Town....

The Washington Redskins had their training camp last week near Herndon, VA. Usually, I wouldn't give a flip about training camp, but since last year's it's been a great time for me to get to see some cool friends from NC. Amy Dail and her man Scotty started coming to training camp last year and I was able to hang out with them. Well, this year it was just as cool.

I headed to Herndon on Thursday night to have dinner with Amy and Scotty. It's so nice to see them. Amy looks just like she did in high school - perfect! They had spent the day watching the training camp and were a little hot and tired - so I caught up with them while they freshened up. Then we went across the hall to visit with their friends from Canada - also hardcore Redskins fans. They are a really nice couple that I got to meet last year. After chatting for a while, we headed out to get some dinner.

We went to a little restaurant called Pomodoro near the Dulles Town Center. It wasn't anything fancy and the food was really good. You could tell we were all pretty hungry though because there wasn't even idle chatter once the food came. All you heard was the sound of forkfuls of food being shoveled into the different gullets. It was great!

So to summarize the catching up we did - here's what's new:

  • Scotty just finished his first house as a solo contractor/builder. It looks really nice to - check it out - http://www.century21.com/buy/property_detail.aspx?teasers=property-detail-pic+Property+Detail+with+Pictures&tr_key=31282868&bSite=N. It's on the market and waiting to be sold.
  • Our old friends Rob and Stacy are getting married in September at Nags Head. I'm very happy for them. They don't like to keep in touch with me after a falling out in '97 - which is a shame because I miss them. I wish them nothing but the best and hope that one day we'll be better friends again.
  • Amy's niece is 16 - she was born on my 16th birthday - and is already on her 2nd car. That's one way to get the car you want - total the first one - ha ha. And to our dismay, we think she's more into the boys than she should be - but it's not very surprising given that most girls that age in that area are doing the same thing.
  • Amy is attending real estate classes and hopes to be selling homes soon! What a partnership for her and Scotty - he builds them, she sells them!

All in all is was great to see the whole gang. I wish the Redskins had training camps each month so I could get to see them more often.

No comments: