Monday, October 08, 2007

Jesus Freaks

Living in the bible belt, you are able to come in contact with people who have very strong religious beliefs. It amazes me at how literal people will take the words that were written in a book like the bible. Some people will believe so strongly in those words that anyone else who believes otherwise is doomed to an afterlife of torture.


Here is a picture of a Jesus Van that I saw on my way to work last week. Not sure where they were going - but some of the messages on the side read - Jesus Is The Right Way, Don't Kill Babies, etc.

And here is a story of a woman suing the devil and a pastor because she claims she was sexually assaulted by the devil.

Now don't get me wrong - I do admire the fact that someone would be so strong in their beliefs. Just imagine if the book of stories that so many people were so devoted to was Canterbury Tales or Dr. Seuss.

No comments: