Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baby News ...

It's October 12th and we have 7 more weeks until 'boy' is supposed to arrive. (We're calling him boy until we name him - and we're not naming him until we meet him.) You know what that means right? Time to scramble! This past weekend my best friend Leigh threw me and David a coed baby shower. That's right, I said coed - there were men there. It's not the 50's and it's not just MY baby - it's OUR baby. Plus we didn't want any girlie froo-froo shower - just a nice, small get-together for friends and family where everyone could socialize, eat, watch football and take part in some silliness if they so choose.

I must say that Leigh did an excellent job with the shower. She and Kyra pulled it together and I really don't think there was anything that they could have done better - the food was terrific, the activities were great and the relaxed atmosphere was absolutely perfect!! Take a look for yourself and see what a wonderful job they did and what a great time everyone had -
Baby Shower Pictures.

The day after the shower was a federal holiday, so David and I didn't have to fight rush hour traffic - which was very nice. Instead we spent the day baby shopping - getting all the essentials that we think we'll need for boy's arrival. I must say that shopping for baby stuff takes a lot of willpower and self control. There are just too many cute clothes and toys! We got home late that afternoon and I made David start putting together the nursery immediately. Maybe I'm excited, maybe I'm nesting, or maybe I'm just anal - but I feel much better now that we have almost everything we think we'll need. Here's what we have so far -
Nursery photos.

Also, my mom came down on Thursday and spent a long weekend with us for the shower. It was so great to have her around to do girlie things with and ask for her advice. I really had a wonderful time and wish that we lived closer to each other so that we could do it more often. You don't realize how great your mom is until you're about to have a child!

No comments: