Thursday, July 14, 2005

No really, I'm eating for 2 ...

I've been amazed at how much food I can stuff into my gullet lately. It's like I'm in training to be a sumo wrestler. I think I've officially reached the point where I'm eating more than David. And he's a good eater! Let's hope this is just a growth spurt phase and I won't be 200 lbs by November or end up having a 20 lb kid - whoa!

I've already gained over 20 lbs and we've just reached the halfway point in the pregnancy. Yeah, I know - I started out on the low end...probably needing to put on a few pounds, but I'd rather they be muscle than fat. (that's right, I'm that vain) Don't get me wrong - I'm thoroughly enjoying eating! I don't have any specific cravings to speak of except for my classic comfort foods - which include southern cooking, italian cooking, anything grilled and just about any type of dessert!

I now get it when others are telling me to enjoy this part of the pregnancy. When else could I actually eat a huge plate of food, along with dessert, and not feel guilty or get any funny looks from David? It's for the baby, right?

And just to ease any physical fitness minds, I'm still going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I'm getting 30 minutes on the treadmill, then lifting weights and then stretching. So, I'm not over exerting myself - but I'm doing enough to keep fit. They say it helps with the delivery and recovery - and they BETTER be right (whoever they are)!

Ok, time to hit the feeding trough again....stay tuned for more boring details.

No comments: