Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Who'd A Thunk It?

Well, David and I have some big news that we're ready to share. We're pregnant. Our due date is November 30th. We decided that last year would be our last full year to spend completely spoiling ourselves and being selfish. That starting this year we would try to start a family - and after a few months of trying, we achieved success. I wish I had some romantic story about how the 'magic happened' while we were on vacation in the Turks and Caicos - but my runny nose and hacking cough was less than a turn on.

We've started a new blog site for anyone interested in how things are progressing with the new family. If you're brave, or just nosy, check it out - http://barrowbrown.blogspot.com. David has been authoring most of it so far - and he can be quite amusing - so it's a funny read.

Also, since my belly is already starting to pooch out - I'm on the lookout for a t-shirt that reads something like 'Don't Touch The Belly'. I'm not looking forward to strangers wanting to rub my tummy - so if anyone sees such a shirt, please let me know! I mean really, I don't go up to strangers and rub their bellies - it's rude and a bit disgusting! Oh, I'm also not looking forward to the unsolicited horror stories of pregnancy or child rearing - so please keep those to yourself. I'd like that part to be a surprise. ;)

Just wanted to share the good news - we'll be 14 weeks along tomorrow and all is going well so far. Oh and by the way - we got married today. Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: